Friday 8 April 2011

Music Diary Project Day 4

I started day 4 of this project by getting a train from Exeter Central to Digby & Sowton (two places, one station) for a conference and I sort of have this thing where I really like to listen to M83 - Saturdays = Youth on train journeys, so without breaking habit, I popped that on. Managed to listen to the whole album by train and foot, and then return to train station post conference, it's great record which sort of tails off a bit in the last couple of songs. 

For the short train jouney home, my friend Sam's twitter post mentioning the Dismemberment Plan caught my eye, and so Dismemberment Plan - Change caught my ear, well the first 5 songs of it did anyway. 

When I got in I listened to Black Keys - Brothers, it's one of my favourite albums of last year, and considering how sunny it was outside, I just whacked it up loudly, opened my bedroom window and listened to it on the balcony while grabbing some sun.

This evening I went to meet some friends at the White Hart beer garden on South Street, on the way there I was still enjoying the sun and fancied something upbeat so I ended up just hearing the first 3 songs of Delphic - Acolyte.

I have a radio show to present tomorrow evening so I imagine I'm going to have to list a whole load more music then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment