Thursday 7 April 2011

Music Diary Project Day 3

Day 3 of this project I needed somthing to wake me up while walking to work and what better than LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening, I actually worked my way through the whole album yesterday after putting my headphones on in the office to block out the background drone and people who are too loud on the phone.

On the way home I opted for Mew - And the Glass Handed Kites. Mew are one of, if not my favourite band, depending on my mood and I hadn't listened to their second album in a while. I'd forgotten just how great it is, from the crushing instrumental opener 'The Circuitry of the Wolf' to the somewhat disco-esque 'Special'.

Following football training I put on the new album by Likke Li - Wounded Rhymes. I recently picked up a NAD cd player and I've really got back into listening to CDs as a result and this album just sounds incredible through it, I listened to pretty much the whole album.

I then popped downstairs for dinner and just put on a couple of songs through my iPod dock while it was getting ready, Warpaint - Undertow and Animal Collective - My Girls.

1 comment:

  1. Nice on-going round up!

    A few years ago I started really listening to Mew and couldn't stand the stuff. I returned at the end of last year and simply cant stop.

    J

    ReplyDelete