Saturday 30 July 2011

Goats cheese, asparagus and sun dried tomato tart



So I had my mum over for dinner last night and time wasn't on my side so I whipped this dish up. It's really simple but looks and tastes amazing. I used ready rolled puff which is far simpler and time consuming than making the real thing.

First of all dust a baking sheet with flour and cut a couple of tart sized rectangles of puff pastry and place them on the sheet. Score the puff using a sharp knife about 2cm in from the edge but careful not to cut all the way through.

Take four stems of asparagus cut into 2cm pieces (leaving the spear whole for the top of the tart) and 8 sun dried tomatoes, and mix in a bowl to allow the asparagus to take on some of the oil from the tomatoes. Layer the tomatoes and asparagus up on the tart with the spear on top and crumbled up soft goats cheese throughout,  cook on about 200 degrees for 12 or so minutes.

Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment